Monday, January 26, 2009

The Weekend, by Tressica

It was FREEZING in New York City this weekend, so I spent most of it indoors, sending Carl out for the occasional skim no-foam skinny chai latte or magazine. That really is the beauty of New York...never having to leave your apartment!

Saturday of course I had my model appointment in SoHo. Basically, I could have spared myself all the shopping I had done for an outfit, because they barely even noticed what I was wearing, they were so taken by my hair! I actually didn't do much modeling in the traditional sense...they just sent over an army of apprentices to style it. More often than not, I ended up looking like a blonde and skinny Amy Winehouse.

At the end of my session, the director of the Salon asked me if I ever considered donating my tresses (hee hee! TRESSES) to Locks of Love. I laughed. Hard. (Seriously though...why should you end up with BETTER hair than you had before, just because you got cancer?)

Sunday night we had a bunch of people over for Fellowship, which was nice and life-affirming. Afterwards, I made Carl get up and test his "Wii Fit Age" as sort of a party game. Everyone watched while Carl stood still as the board measured his Body Mass Index, weight, and general fitness to calculate his Wii Fit Age. Turns out, Carl is 63! Well, we all had a good laugh at that, and I think everyone left in a good mood.

Ughhhh I can't believe it's MONDAY already...back to work with the Geek Squad.

Ta!

Tressica

P.S. No, I do not work at Best Buy. (Can you imagine?)  The Geek Squad is just my name for the guys I work with. Oh, the stories I could tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment