Friday, January 23, 2009

Thursday, by Tressica

Well, it finally happened. I've been discovered by modeling agents.

I was waiting for the 6 at Grand Central and I noticed this guy kept staring at me. This is an annoying, if not unusual, daily occurance, so I didn't think much of it. When he started walking over, I mentally prepared to flash the purity ring that Carl has forced--no! Not forced! suggested.--I wear, which I can sometimes pass off as an engagement ring for really poor people.

He came up to me and before he could speak I said, as gently as I could "Sorry--not interested.", gave him a little smile and inched further down the platform. But then he gave me his BUSINESS card, and it turns out he works for a SALON and wants me to be a HAIR MODEL! (His frosted tips and perfectly placed man bangs made SO much more sense, retrorespectively.)

So, on Saturday Morning I'm going down to SoHo, and they're going to "style me". I wonder what that means?? I'm thinking I should maybe get a portfolio ready. Just in case they want to send me on any go-sees or something. Carl might have to play photographer for the day as I do a photoshoot, but he's gotten pretty good at that so I'm sure he won't mind. (We got my current Facebook profile shot after only about half a memory card!)

MORAL OF THE STORY: You never know who you might meet on the subway, so always always always deep-condition your hair.

Ta!

Tressica

No comments:

Post a Comment