Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tuesday, by Tressica

I was having a pretty rough day at work, and I emailed Carl to complain. By the time I got home, I just wanted to fall asleep to whatever movie was playing on Oxygen (probably You've Got Mail or The Holiday).

But then, Carl showed up with my FAVORITE food (hot broth), a dozen roses, and a SONG he wrote just for me. I want to record him singing it, but until I do, here are the lyrics:

Tressica

Tressica, Tressica
You're a perfect replica
Of a Barbie Doll.
And I'm Robert Duvall.

Tressica, Tressica
Sorta sounds like "Jessica"
But it starts with a "T"
And that's all right by me

(Bridge)
I'll buy you a diamond ring from Zales
We'll look at pale pink wedding veils
To match your pretty french tip nails
Cause God is in the small details!

Tressica, Tressica
Nothing else rhymes with "Tressica"
Cause you're so unique--
There's nothing to critique.


SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH, is that romantic or what?!?! I asked Carl if he meant that as an actual proposal, and he said no, but someday he DOES want to propose.

I was really touched by the nice gesture. Even if he did threaten to buy me a wedding ring from Zales. (Can you imagine????)

Ta!

Tressica


2 comments:

  1. are you still dating Carl??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an interesting (and pretty) name. What is the origin?

    ReplyDelete